In a recent post, we shared that 7.2 million people in the US suffer from psoriasis. If you missed that post, psoriasis is a condition in which skin cells build up and form scales and itchy, dry patches. This article gives you a list of celebrities you may have never known suffer from this disease.
Six Celebrities that Suffer form Psoriasis
1. LeAnn Rimes: Singer, actress and children's book author, LeAnn Rimes, struggles with psoriasis. She is the face of Stop Hiding Psoriasis, to raise awareness and let others know it is nothing to be ashamed of.
2. Cara Delevingne: This 25 year old supermodel suffers extreme psoriasis flare ups but that hasn't stopped her. The model walked in as many as 53 runway shows in a Fashion Week.
3. Cyndi Lauper: The loved 80's pop star had a hard time accepting the disease at first. After many years of fighting she has become an advocate for distributing information for the National Psoriasis Foundation.
4. Kim Kardashian West: The reality TV star started have psoriasis flare ups in 2011 and has been very open about it from the beginning. Her mother Kris also has the disease but they never let it get in their way. Kim uses her publicity to remind others psoriasis is nothing to be ashamed of.
5. Zain Verjee: Getting psoriasis when she was only 8 years old, the CNN international news anchor has still found a way to cope with the condition. Showing her face to the world for a living has been an inspiration to others who are impacted by this disease.
6. Phil Mickelson: Psoriasis hasn't slowed this American golfer down! He has won three Masters, a PGA championship and an Open championship. Two of those wins were after his official diagnosis.
Don't Let Psoriasis Slow You Down, They Didn't!
Psoriasis can be overwhelming and it is often easy for it to take over your social life. Let these celebrities be an inspiration for you and don't let psoriasis get in your way!
Eosera is happy to announce our ear care line, Everything Ear Care!
Our products are available online on Amazon, in CVS stores nation wide and select Target stores.